Program: The Associate Degree certifies a student as having satisfactorily completed one-half the number of credits required for a baccalaureate degree program. In order to qualify for the Associate Degree, the student must:
- Earn a minimum of 60 semester credits; 39 of these credits must apply to General Education.
- Earn at least 30 semester credits, including the last 15 at UW-Eau Claire.
- Earn a resident and total grade-point average of at least 2.0.
- Count toward the degree no more than six credits earned on a Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory basis.
- Complete the English composition course requirement and pass the English Competency Examination.
- Earn one credit in a physical activity course or at least one credit of Wellness Theory.
- Complete the cultural diversity requirement.
- Complete General Education Requirements (categories I,II,III and IV)as specified for the baccalaureate degree.
- Declare intention to graduate with the Associate Degree in the Registrar's Office
- The Associate Degree is a wonderful option for students who cannot, either for academic or personal reasons, complete a four-year degree. It can improve employment possibilities and gives the student a sense of accomplishment.
- Students can request a "what-if" degree audit for the Associate Degree by logging into MyBlugold CampS and using the degree audit feature.