print header


Reentry Student Enrollment

Application Process:

If you have attended UW-Eau Claire as a degree seeking student in the past, you will need to submit the following information:Apply Now

  1. Application: You can apply online at Please use the applicant statement as a way to communicate what you have been doing since you last attended UW-Eau Claire.
  2. You are exempt from the $44 application fee.
  3. You are not required to submit your high school transcript.
  4. You are not required to submit your ACT/SAT scores
  5. If you have attended or are attending one or more higher education institutions while you were away from UW-Eau Claire, please submit an official transcript from each institution you attended.
  6. Submit any courses in progress you are currently enrolled in at another institution.

We do not have a deadline for reentry applications, however we recommend you apply before November 1 for spring semester and March 1 for fall semester so you can get in line for priority registration at UW-Eau Claire. We continue to accept applications for reentry students until a few weeks before the start of each term.

After Application Submitted:

Once we receive your application, we will send you a letter in the mail confirming receipt of your application. This letter will contain a website link as well as a username and password to log in to the website. You will be able to check the status of your application online. Once you see all of your checklist items are complete, you will know we have started to review your application.

Information for Suspended Students:

Your application will be sent to the Dean’s Office of the college you are hoping to enter. Please include any information you would like the Dean’s Office to know when reviewing your application. Please use the applicant statement to address the suspension and any changes that have happened since the suspension.

After Acceptance:

Please read the below information on the steps needed to complete the reentry process after you have been admitted. If you have questions after acceptance, please contact the appropriate office(s) listed below.

Second Degree Reentry Students: If you already have a bachelor degree from UW-Eau Claire and are now pursuing a second degree, please click here for your next steps.

Step 1: Review Letter of Admission:

Starting Term: 
Indicates the semester and year for which you have been admitted. If you wish to change your beginning term or cancel your admission, please contact the Admissions Office at 715-836-5415 or

Blugold/Campus ID #: Your permanent campus identification number consists of a seven-digit random number assigned by the university. Be prepared to provide this number when contacting university offices.

Academic Standing: If your academic standing is good standing it will not show on your acceptance letter. If your academic standing is different than good standing, please refer to “Academic Standing and Progress” in the current UW-Eau Claire catalog for additional information.

Note: If your letter of acceptance indicates that a warning has been used, it means that, at some point, your semester GPA fell below 2.0. If your semester or cumulative GPA drops below 2.0 at UW-Eau Claire, you will be placed directly on probation or suspension.

Intended Major: Indicates the major you listed on your application. If you would like to change your major prior to registering for classes at UW-Eau Claire, please contact the Admissions office.

Transcripts Needed: Please review your letter of acceptance for the name of the institution(s) in which a final transcript is required. Please request the final transcript be sent to UW-Eau Claire. You must submit the final transcript within 30 days of the completion of your last term.

Step 2: Pay Tuition Deposit:
You will need to submit a $100 tuition deposit right away in order to be eligible to register for classes. You can submit the tuition deposit either by mail or online:

  1. Submit the $100 tuition deposit by mailing a check. Checks can be made payable to University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire. Please write your Blugold/Campus ID# on the “memo” line of your check. (Your ID# can be found in the upper-right corner of your acceptance letter.) Checks can be mailed to:

    University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire
    Cashier’s Office
    P.O. Box 5000
    Eau Claire, WI  54702-5000

  2. Or, pay the $100 tuition deposit online. It is an Electronic Payment with a direct transfer from a personal checking or savings account.

    For questions regarding submitting the tuition deposit, please contact the Business Office (715) 836-5907 or If you decide to cancel admission, please email to notify of the cancellation and your $100 tuition deposit will be refunded.

Step 3:  Review your registration information included in your admission packet. Information received by mail from the Registration Office:
In your acceptance packet you will receive registration instructions. Please review this information and complete the steps on this handout. If you are having difficulty registering for classes make sure you have paid the $100 tuition deposit. Check to determine if you have a Hold in your MyBlugold CampS Student Center. If you need a PAC code, make an appointment with your adviser before you register. You can contact the Registrar’s Office for additional questions at (715) 836-2425 or

Step 4:  Submit your final college transcript:
Please review your letter of acceptance for the name of the institution(s) in which a final transcript is required. Please request the final transcript be sent to UW-Eau Claire.  You must submit the final transcript within 30 days of the completion of your last term.

Second Degree Reentry Student:

Transfer Equivalencies/Advising: If you have earned a bachelor’s degree from UW-Eau Claire and are now pursuing a second undergraduate degree, the Admissions Office will only prepare a formal transfer credit evaluation if you have completed undergraduate coursework after your first baccalaureate degree at a separate institution after you graduated from UW-Eau Claire.

Please see the Second Degree Reentry Advisers list for information about meeting with an advisor to discuss course requirements and the registration process.  Please set up a meeting with your advisor listed to plan your time here.

Enrollment Deposit/Registration: You will need to submit a $100 tuition deposit and sign a Payment Plan Agreement (PPA) before you are assigned a registration time.  The deposit should be submitted as soon as possible if you would like to register in a timely manner.  Contact the Business Office at 715-836-5907 for more information about the tuition deposit and PPA, or visit their web site: Contact the Registrar's Office at 715-836-2425 for more information about registration times, or visit their web site:

Please note:  You are exempt from the excess credit surcharge at UW-Eau Claire.


On campus housing is available for reentry students admitted for spring semester or fall semester.  For further information on housing at UW-Eau Claire please contact the Housing and Residence Life Office at (715) 836-3674 or or visit For information on off-campus housing, you can view our off-campus housing resource at the following website:

Financial Aid:

Students who are interested in receiving financial aid must submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) . If you have completed the FAFSA, you must request a duplicate copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR) online at or by calling 800-433-3243. Since financial aid does not transfer from school to school, you should make sure that UW-Eau Claire is listed as an institution you plan to attend. UW-Eau Claire’s financial aid code is 003917.

Once you have completed the FAFSA, you will need to submit your $100 tuition deposit in order to view your UW-Eau Claire financial aid package.  Reentry students are packaged at the same time as continuing UW-Eau Claire students in June (for fall term).  Once the financial aid package is complete, the Financial Aid Office will mail you a letter regarding how to view your financial aid package online. For questions, contact the Financial Aid Office at 715-836-3373, by email at or visit


If your acceptance letter indicates you are a Wisconsin resident, you are classified as a RESIDENT for fee purposes.  Under state law, it is the responsibility of the student to register correctly as a resident or nonresident and to pay the appropriate fees.  The University reserves the right to review your residency status if such an action is deemed appropriate.  If your acceptance letter indicates you are a NON-RESIDENT, please see other options below.

Minnesota Tuition Reciprocity: Minnesota students must file for reciprocity to ensure the reduced tuition.  Reciprocity forms are available from the Higher Education Services Office:

Midwest Student Exchange Program: Information about programs and states eligible for the MSEP tuition rate is available at Students should note that generally the tuition rate is unavailable to students who are undeclared or enrolled in majors with enrollment limitations.  For a current list, please consult the website above.

Return to Wisconsin:  This program provides discounted out-of-state tuition rates for children and grandchildren of UW-Eau Claire alumni.  For more information, visit

Excess Credit Surcharge:

Wisconsin resident undergraduate students who have earned 165 credits (or 30 credits more than required for their degree programs, whichever is greater) will be charged a surcharge, equal to 100 percent of the regular resident tuition (e.g., tuition would double) on all credits beyond that level.

This policy was created by the UWS Board of Regents and covers all Wisconsin resident undergraduate students pursuing their first bachelors degree, including students pursuing a double major.  Non-residents (including Minnesota), graduate, post-baccalaureate, and non-degree students are not affected.

The policy applies to all transferable credits earned at UW campuses and WTCS (Wisconsin Technical College System) transfer credits.  Non-course credits, such as AP, CLEP, credits-by-confirming course, etc. do not count toward the total.

The surcharge is applied in the semester following the one in which a student reaches the earned credit limit.  Every student has the right to appeal the surcharge.  If you wish to obtain information on filing an appeal, contact the Registrar, Tessa Perchinsky, at or by calling 715-836-3887.

Please note:  If you have earned an undergraduate degree from UW-Eau Claire and are returning to UW-Eau Claire for a second degree, you are exempt from the Excess Credit Surcharge.

Graduation Rates:

Graduation Rates for UW-Eau Claire and all UW System institutions are available in the Introduction to the UW System publication available through the HELP Office, 505 S Rosa Rd, Suite 200, Madison, WI 53719, (1-800-442-6459).  These rates are calculated and made available as required by the Student Right-to-Know and Campus Security Act.

As required under federal statutes, information about campus crime statistics for the past three academic years is available from the Dean of Students Office, 715-836-5626.

Services for Students with Disabilities:

If you will need any special accommodations such as note takers, extended time on exams, materials on tape, interpreter services, enlarged materials or have other special needs, it is essential that you let us know now.  We need to receive documentation for your disability to discuss with you your specific needs.

For additional information, please contact:
Vicky Thomas, Director
Services for Students with Disabilities
715-836-4542 (phone) 
715-836-3712 (fax)

Excellence. Our Measure. Our Motto. Our Goal.