The University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire Office of Admissions selects students who demonstrate adequate academic preparation for university study and potential for success. Applicants must also document English proficiency and financial support. Applicants need to document financial support in order to process the application.
The application deadline for the fall (September) semester is June 1 and November 1 for the spring (January) semester. Late applications may be considered on a case by case basis. The following are required to be considered for admission:
- Completed Application for Undergraduate International Student Admission: http://apply.wisconsin.edu.
- Application fee of $44.00
- Official Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score report. A minimum score of 79 iBT is needed for admission. Students may also demonstrate English proficiency through enrollment in the UW-Eau Claire Intensive English Program or through other approved examinations and ESL schools.
- Completed Financial Statement form for international applicants documenting
support for one year of study with bank verification that funds will be
- Official records from all secondary schools, colleges and universities
attended. Records must be in the original language with certified English translations. Official records should include all exam or test results,
certificates, diplomas or degrees received. Certified true copies of records
are acceptable as long as they have been certified by an appropriate
school or government official.
- Official transcripts of all course work completed in the United States
including English language courses.
- Photocopy of the ID page of the student’s passport.
- Photocopy of current U.S. visa (for students currently studying in the United States).
Send all application materials and correspondence to:
University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire
105 Garfield Ave
Eau Claire, WI 54701