print header

Admitted Freshmen

Congrats—you're a Blugold!

Join the Class of 2019 Facebook Page

We think you have made the right choice to further your education at Wisconsin's most beautiful campus, UW-Eau Claire! So you may be thinking, "now what?" Below is a list of information to help you with the admission process after your acceptance to UW-Eau Claire. At any point in time if you have questions, please don't hesitate to contact us at 715-836-5415 or In addition, here is a link to your official College Checklist.

Enrollment deposit | Housing & meal plans | Scholarships | Financial Aid | Placement Testing | Orientation | WI Covenant | Send in transcripts

Pay your deposit Enrollment deposit

After being admitted, one of your first steps to becoming a Blugold is to submit your $100 freshman deposit; this will hold a spot for you in the freshman class. There is an easy and convenient way to pay your tuition deposit online. You can pay through a direct transfer from a personal checking/savings account or credit card.

  1. You will need your campus ID or Social Security number for the process.
  2. Click on the business office site:
  3. After you click on the "I agree" link at the bottom of the page, go to the Pay To area.
  4. In the Fall Freshman Deposit line type 100 in the Pay Amount box and then indicate payment method and details.
  5. Hit the submit button at the bottom of the page.

If you change your mind, the freshman deposit is fully refundable up to May 1 of your senior year. If the deposit is a financial hardship you may request a deferral through your school counselor. The criteria is generally qualifying for free/reduced lunch.

If you are unable to submit your payment via online, you can send a check made out to UW-Eau Claire. Please send the check to: Student Accounts, UWEC, PO Box 5000, Eau Claire, WI 54702-5000. Please include your full name, campus ID, and your admitted term on the check.

Register for housing/meal plans

You will receive a University Housing information packet, sent directly from our Housing and Residence Life Office, one to two weeks after your acceptance letter. This is a two-step process.

Wondering which residence hall to choose? Check out our online housing book to learn more about each residence hall and where you could call home! If you have questions about housing, contact the Housing and Residence Life Office at 715-836-3674 or

Meal plan registration will occur during your summer freshmen orientation date. There you will be given final options of meal plans and details on how to register for your choice. In the mean time, take a look at the current options of meal plans and dining facilities. If you have special dietary needs, the Blugold Dining staff will work with you in arranging your meals. For any questions, contact Blugold Dining at or 715-836-5261.


Admitted freshmen who meet minimum scholarship criteria and are accepted by the Feb. 1 application deadline are encouraged to fill out the separate scholarship application. Eligible freshmen admitted by the Dec. 1 priority application deadline may be considered for early awards. Students receiving scholarships will be notified by the beginning of April of their senior year. Scholarship application, descriptions, criteria and amounts are available at

Financial aid

To be considered for financial assistance, complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), available at Submit your FAFSA by March 15 to receive a financial aid package prior to May 1 — our deadline for admissions cancellation. UW-Eau Claire’s financial aid estimator is available at  

For questions, contact the Financial Aid Office at 715-836-3674 or

Minnesota residents
The current reciprocity agreement between Minnesota and Wisconsin enables a Minnesota resident to attend Wisconsin public institutions of higher education at rates approximating tuition prevailing in the Minnesota State University System. Those wishing to take advantage of this tuition remission must apply in advance of their initial enrollment at a Wisconsin System institution. Approval covers the full year (including summer sessions) and is automatically renewed each year for the campus initially approved. You may apply online at or, if you have additional questions about reciprocity, contact the Minnesota Office of Higher Education at (800) 657-3866.

Placement testing

Beginning in February, look for Regional Placement Testing information in the mail. Regional placement testing is required of all new freshmen planning to attend UW-Eau Claire. Tests are taken in math, English and a foreign language (French, German or Spanish). Students do not have to take a regional placement test at UW-Eau Claire, rather any UW System site that offers the tests. Information is mailed to all accepted students when it is available in late spring. For questions and more information, contact our Advising and Testing Office (715-836-5522 or or check out their Placement Testing webpage.

Freshmen orientation

During the summer prior to your freshman year at UW-Eau Claire, you will need to attend the new freshmen orientation program. All students who have paid their $100 tuition deposit are mailed information about the summer orientation and registration program for new freshmen. Although the deposit is not due until May 1, the Orientation Office will begin sending information in March, so an early deposit is advantageous. For freshmen, this is your earliest opportunity to register for your fall classes. For more information about summer orientation call 715-836-5053 or check out the New Student Orientation website.

Wisconsin Covenant

If you are a Wisconsin resident and signed the Wisconsin Covenant, you will want to complete all of the paperwork for the Office of the Wisconsin Covenant by April 1 of your senior year to receive any grants or financial aid that you are eligible for through the Wisconsin Covenant. The Office of the Wisconsin Covenant will make the paperwork available to you starting in January. In addition, you will want to complete the FAFSA by April 1. For more information, check out our Wisconsin Covenant Program website.

Send in final transcripts

After graduation, submit all final official high school and any college (if applicable) transcripts to the Admissions Office. In order to gain college credit for any college coursework taken in high school, we need to have on file a transcript from the college/university you took the courses through. If you have any questions, contact the Admissions Office at 715-836-5415 or

Excellence. Our Measure. Our Motto. Our Goal.