- Work independently with entities on and off campus, making appropriate contacts with offices and individuals.
- Design and reproduce brochures, announcements, program copy, flyers, etc., as necessary.
- Responsible for on-site arrangements, setup and program coordination.
- Responsible for appropriate follow-up and teardown following the event.
Ten hours per week during the school year; five hours per week during the summer or as needed. Flexibility in schedule required. Arts Assistant will be expected to be available for supervisory duties during the events sponsored by this office.
GENERAL CHARACTERISTICS AND SKILLS
- Maturity and knowledge of university policies and procedures.
- Familiarity with function of program and arts office operations.
- Computer skills, including work processing, spreadsheets and simple graphics.
- Effective interpersonal skills in person and on the phone, including the ability to deal with students, faculty/staff and community members on a comfortable basis.
- Ability to think creatively and to work efficiently and independently.
- Attention to detail in proofreading documents, preparing mailings, and working as a liaison with offices such as technical services, usher corps, etc.
- Knowledge of music helpful but not essential.