Student Leadership Assistant
The Student Leadership Assistant assists the Coordinator of Student Leadership in researching, developing, administering and assessing a broad array of student leadership development and recognition programs.
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- Research and benchmark existing leadership development programs and provide recommendations for University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire student leadership initiatives.
- Serve as a member of campuswide leadership development committee.
- Assist in the development and administration of the Leadership Circles, High School Student Leadership Conference, Leadership Seminar, Soup and Substance programming, Leadership Living Learning Community, Alternative Spring Break and University Student Excellence Awards.
- Help establish a comprehensive online leadership directory.
- Assist in the development and implementation of leadership program assessments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Enrollment as a student at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire is required.
- An interest in leadership development and a willingness to learn about student development principles and experiential learning is essential.
- Strong attention to detail, organization, oral and written communication skills, and ability to set priorities is necessary.
- Able to work independently as well as in teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills are desirable
- Familiarity with MS Office and the ability to develop other computer skills as needed.