Timetable for Personnel Actions: Non-Teaching Academic Staff with Indefinite Status
Annually, by February 15, the immediate supervisor & academic staff member shall meet and review the performance of the academic staff member. (Refer to Faculty and Academic Staff Rules and Procedures, p. 76, for a detailed description of procedures.)
- Initiated annually by immediate supervisor.
- Due to Dean or Assistant/Associate Vice/Vice Chancellor on January 17
Due to Provost on January 24. (Recommendations based on general criteria established for the unit.) (Refer to Faculty and Academic Staff Rules and Procedures, p. 106, for a detailed description of procedures.)
- November 15 - Deadline for academic staff member to submit written request for promotion to immediate supervisor with copy to Unit Director.
- December 1 - Deadline for immediate supervisor's recommendation for promotion along with supporting documents to be sent to Unit Director (Immediate supervisor has informed the academic staff member in writing whether or not a recommendation for promotion will be forwarded.)
- December 15 - Deadline for Unit Director to send supported recommendation to appropriate Assistant/Associate Vice/Vice Chancellor or Provost.
- February 15 - Deadline for written notification to previous reviewers and immediate supervisor of any decision not to support the promotion request. (Refer to Faculty and Academic Staff Rules and Procedures, pp. 82-86, for a detailed description of procedures.)