Timeline for Personnel Actions: Non-Teaching Academic Staff with Indefinite Status
Annually, by February 15, the immediate supervisor & academic staff member shall meet and review the performance of the academic staff member. (Refer to Faculty and Academic Staff Rules and Procedures, pp. 80-81, for a detailed description of procedures.)
- Initiated annually by immediate supervisor.
- Typically due to Dean or Assistant/Associate Vice/Vice Chancellor in mid-January
- Due to Provost on one week later. (Recommendations based on general criteria established for the unit.) (Refer to Faculty and Academic Staff Rules and Procedures, pp. 111-113, for a detailed description of procedures.)
- October 15 - Deadline for academic staff member to submit written request for promotion to immediate supervisor with copy to Unit Director.
- December 1 - Deadline for immediate supervisor's recommendation for promotion along with supporting documents to be sent to Unit Director (Immediate supervisor has informed the academic staff member in writing whether or not a recommendation for promotion will be forwarded.)
- December 15 - Deadline for Unit Director to send supported recommendation to appropriate Assistant/Associate Vice/Vice Chancellor or Provost.