Institutional Review Board for the Protection of Human Subjects
- Kaying Xiong (2017), Community Representative
- Mary Beth Leibham (2017), Psychology
- Erin Devlin (2018), History
- Leah Olson-McBride (2018), Social Work
- Liqiang Chen (2018), Information Systems
- Crispin Pierce (2018), Environmental and Public Health/Watershed Institute
- Karen Havholm, Assistant Vice Chancellor for Research and Sponsored Programs (ex officio and non-voting)
- Laura Chellman, Student Health Services (ex officio and voting)
- Mike Axelrod, IRB Chair, Human Development Center (ex officio and voting)
- Cara Anne Wiskow (2017), Student Representative
- To review research projects involving humans as subjects for compliance with requirements set forth by the United States Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Human Research Protections.
- To approve research projects involving humans as subjects.
- One member from the community who is not affiliated with UW-Eau Claire.
- One faculty or teaching academic staff member whose primary concern is in the scientific area.
- One faculty or teaching academic staff member whose primary concern is in the non-scientific area.
- Ex officio and voting:
- Chair, IRB, Designated by the Provost and Vice Chancellor
- Director of University Health Services
- Ex officio and non-voting:
- Assistant Vice Chancellor for Research and Sponsored Programs
- Director of Human Development Center
NOTE: Committee must have at least five voting members, with varying backgrounds to adequately review research activities commonly conducted at institutions of higher education. Committee members serve three year periods which are rotated on a staggered basis.