1. Have a genuine interest in helping fellow students.
2. Know your schedule daily, be at work when scheduled, be prompt, and be prepared.
3. Know and follow ASC policies and procedures related to your work, and communicate to your tutees any policies and procedures that relate to your work with them.
4. Understand the ASC’s general philosophy of helping tutees develop toward independence, and do your best to work toward this goal.
5. Take advantage of the formal and informal training opportunities suggested and available to become a better tutor.
6. Seek out and try new tutoring methods and strategies as they might be helpful.
7. Ask for help when you need it or want it.
8. Take responsibility and initiative for avoiding or resolving conflict if any of these expectations become hard for you to meet.
Copyright 2002, Art Lyons